Thursday, February 20, 2003

Someone has [allegedly] leaked the [alleged] lyrics of "Clubsong", a new track [allegedly] off the forthcoming Britney Spears album. Who could it be about? [Clue: it contains a sample of Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River". And what is the "secret" that she refers to, huh?] Ooh, not since Lennon and McCartney have we had such a public spat in song.
Once upon a time there was a little boy who tried so hard to be down.
Playing me publically, twisting the story, see, made it the talk of the town.
I try to play sweet, and be quiet, discreet...and let you be on that level alone.

First things first,
(cry me... cry me...)

Why you so caught up with me?
Sick with it, like you got the flu...
I've also got the ability to open my mouth -
you don't want me to tell the truth.

My little secret about you,
you sure you want me to play too?
...I recommend don't wear anything see-through, baby.
They might peep that your heart is soft.

No comments: