Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Sunday:
What a lovely day! A day of nostalgia, of old friends, good friends, and favourite songs. Almost all the people I've mentioned so far were on the grassy knoll behind the Royal Vauxhall Tavern, plus Dave and Kelvin, wearing matching white vests to show off their newly-acquired Sitges tans. Jealous? Moi? Oui!

Saffina, who I hadn't seen in years surprised us by (a) turning up and (b) having a new boyfriend. My ex-boyfriend Pano joined us on the hill and we had a good talk about not-very-good things, but it was, you know, good.

The Dame Edna Experience's show seemed designed to feed into the nostalgic mood, comprising all your favourite songs from when you were a kid: "Sweet Transvestite", "Sandy" from Grease, Soft Cell's "Torch", Taylor Dayne's "Tell It To My Heart". The conversations continued as we spilled out onto the pavement. I gave a certain cutting-edge DJ the ABBA-related CDs he'd asked us to see if we could find in Stockholm. [You have not lived till you've heard Svenne and Lotta's version of Yazoo's "Only You".] Marcus and Pano and I went on to Duke's, where Marcus got roped into the stripper's act and was 'forced' to do silly things with...

Ah, but I'll let him tell that story.

No comments: