Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Can anyone explain this to me? Taking a look at my Stats4All statistics, I noticed the top domains visiting my site were as follows:
1. Unknown
2. Commercial (.com)
3. Network (.net)
4. United Kingdom (.uk)
5. Education (.edu)
6. Canada (.ca)
7. Australia (.au)
8. Germany (.de)
9. Turks and Caicos Islands (.tc)

I had never heard of the Turks and Caicos Islands before - it turns out they are a group of tiny Caribbean islands near the Bahamas. Investigating further, I notice that Cable & Wireless seem to have a monopoly on the islands' web access - I wonder if they are routing international traffic via the group?

Just noticed - it's not just me getting huge traffic from the Turks and Caicos Islands - Marcus, Ian and Jonathan are, too. The islands are responsible for nearly three percent of the traffic to Marcus's site [I knew he was popular with Caribbeans...!]

Any ideas, anyone?

No comments: