Tuesday, February 19, 2002

Sarah of Mental Irrigation e-mailed me about a new club night which she and her girlfriend are running. I quote from Sarah's e-mail:
I thought I would drop you a line and let you know about this new low-fi night my girlfriend and I are producing for this neat bar in Dalston... I know you are probably gasping with horror when reading the location, but it is a very cool place. It's just around the corner from the Kingsland/Dalston overland station. In fact, if you turn left out of the station it's down the first street on your left. It's got big glass windows all around.

The night is deemed "offstream" there is no cover and drinks are cheap... it is geared towards low fi (non scene queen) gay boys and girls. The music is quite groovy, from Sinatra to your favorite big band/jazz of the thirties type of deal. It's open really late (thurs-sun) till 5 am... it's always filled with interesting non-poncy people.

Dalston Jazz bar (don't be fooled by the name... it's no major scooby doo dat type of music or anything)
4, Bradbury St  (left out of overland station Dalston/Kingsland, first street on your left)

Thursday nights are going to be (If Hazel and I are sucessful) more of a gay night but Friday and Saturday are really really fun too, I've never had a bad night there. It's just so refreshing to go somewhere new that is low fi and NOT soho! Indeed check it out on Saturday if you are in the neighborhood, I think you'll love it. It's always quite a mixed crowd and Hazel and I have never felt out of place. Plus drinking till the wee hours of the morning is always fun...
It certainly is - we're planning to go there next Thursday [the 28th]. See you then?

No comments: