Wednesday, January 09, 2002

As we were leaving the Retro Bar after last night's quiz [which we won], I was accosted by a total stranger. Nothing unusual there, but it was a gurrrrl!

"I have something to tell you," she said, "I read your blog every day. I came across your blog by following a random link on Blogger. Yes, I have a blog too. I always read you. This is going to sound weird, but a few months ago - when I was in Dublin - I took a photo of something, just for you." Her girlfriend chimed in, saying, "I've got to tell you, I'm very proud of her. She was too scared to say anything to you."

"Oh, er, thanks," I muttered, not sure what the correct response was. I'm not used to being a web celeb. Yet. Well, that and the fact I was rather drunk. I scurried into the alley to tell Dave, Jonathan and Ian. "What about my blog?" cried Ian.

No comments: