Monday, September 03, 2001

You thought that I'd be weak without ya, but I'm stronger
You thought that I'd be broke without ya, but I'm richer


I treated Marcus to dinner last night. Well, "treated" may not be the right word - it was only the Stockpot. The surly waitress showed us to our table - right next to Marcus' ex-boyfriend.

You thought that I'd be sad without ya, I laugh harder
You thought I wouldn't grow without ya, now I'm wiser


Marcus rose to the occasion with a bitchy comment worthy of any down-trodden woman on the Jerry Springer show: "Oh, hi," he said, "What are you doing these days?"
"I've gone back into advertising."
"Yes, I saw your ad... In QX!"

You thought that I'd be helpless without ya, but I'm smarter
You thought that I'd be stressed without ya, but I'm chillin'


And with defiant diva songs ringing in his mind, he strutted out of the restaurant, head held high.... and fell over a chair.

No comments: