Monday, August 20, 2001

I left work early on Friday evening and took a leisurely stroll into town via Primrose Hill and Regents Park. Had a couple of drinks with Jonathan at Barcode and then went round to visit the nubile Marcus. We had decided to have a quiet detoxing night in, but that was scuppered by a bottle of very good red wine followed by making serious inroads into a 15-year-old single malt Islay.

I had a hectic Saturday, making full use of my Travelcard: I met Richard in the bar at Waterstones Piccadilly and we had lunch at homo-friendly veggie restaurant Mildreds. After a quick stop at Bar Italia to exchange the coffee beans I'd bought the day before for ground coffee, I went to the music bookstore on Denmark Street Helter Skelter to buy Darren a birthday present from me, Ian and Jonathan. I found the perfect book: Soulful Divas. Quick tube ride home to shower, shave and change, and then I zoomed all the way down to Tulse Hill for a party to welcome Richard [not that Richard. Keep up!] back from Spain. And a jolly nice party it was, too - low-key, chatty, friendly, with everyone we've ever known in one house. Ian lost his shirt; quite literally. At about 8:30, me, Jonce and Ian took a bus, a tube and a tube to Embankment to meet up with Darren at the Retro Bar. We presented him with his present. Marcus arrived [hurrah!] and we all took the tube back down to Brixton for the excellent club night Hope. Marcus and I left there at, er, four, we think.

On Sunday the two of us went to the Royal Vauxhall Tavern [for a change]. The DE Experience was dreadfully unfocused and rambling, but she did come up with a line that keeps making me chuckle:

"That Ann Widdecombe is such a bitch. She had my car towed......... (It's a little toad I keep in the car.)"

Marcus and I had our first lovers' tiff [aw, sweet!] and had fun patching it up last night over a healthy dinner of seven different flavours of crisps, plus chocolate biscuits and jelly babies. No wonder I feel like hell this morning!

No comments: