Wednesday, August 08, 2001

Erk! On my way to work this morning, I suddenly realised what one of my favourite songs is about. The seemingly innocuous Chocolate Wings by Bent - from the excellent Programmed To Love album - is clearly about a guy using emotional blackmail to try to persuade his lover to take it up the arse. Check out these lyrics, and tell me I'm wrong:

I see you in the sky, a million miles away.
I'd love to fly right up to you and see your beautiful star close up.
A star like yours is one in a million,
One of those very special things,
But if I am going to get to see this beautiful thing so close,
I'll need my chocolate wings.

I need my chocolate wings to fly up to your star,
Give me my chocolate wings, or our love won't go too far.

But you won't give me this thing that I need,
Yet I'd do anything for you.
I've waited so long for this moment to come,
I think it's time. Don't you?

So if you don't let me see your guiding light,
That star that shines so bright,
I guess somebody else just might,
And I guess my darling, this is good night.

I need my chocolate wings to fly up to your star,
Give me my chocolate wings, or our love won't go too far.

No comments: