Monday, March 12, 2001

I use my mobile phone for the following purposes, in descending order:
1. For text messaging
2. As a watch
3. As an alarm clock
4. As a phone

I send a lot of text messages. My itemised bill is at least six pages long every month. And my thumb is so well trained, it's lightning quick. Predictive text messaging is a great idea. In theory. Nine times out of ten, it correctly guesses the word you were intending to type, but just occasionally it throws up something completely different. The most annoying one is that every time I mean to write 'me' [which I do a lot!] it thinks I want to write 'of'.

Some of the alternative suggestions are quite amusing. For instance, try to type 'cock' and it will suggest 'anal'. For 'queer', one of the suggestions is 'puffs'; and for 'kiss', 'lips' or 'lisp'.

Here are some more I've spotted:
Alone, aloof, blond, clone. Afford, before. Andy, body. Fuck, dual, duck. Bums, buns, atop, cums. Rich, shag. Sim, rim, sin. Quotes, stoves, punter. Jesus, jests. Baker, cakes. Forbid, dosage. Scots, scour, pants.

No comments: