Tuesday, January 23, 2001

On my daily commute to work, I carry a rucksack containing a CaseLogic CD folder. At present there are 16 CDs in it. Quite a wide range of stuff, the theory being that I can always find something to listen to, whatever my mood.

Right now, the folder contains Death In Vegas (The Contino Sessions); Saint Etienne (Foxbase Alpha); XTC (Wasp Star); Mirwais (Production); Kirsty MacColl (Galore); Until The End Of The World (soundtrack); Future Sound Of London (Accelerator); Leftfield (Leftism); Chilled Euphoria (Vols 1 and 2); Two Lone Swordsmen (the new one); Shirley Bassey (the remix album); Lemon Jelly (Lemon Jelly KY); Mekon (Relax With Mekon); Tim Keegan & Departure Lounge (Out Of Here); Goldfrapp (Felt Mountain); Haig & MacKenzie (Memory Palace); Black (The Collection); and Tosca (Suzuki). Surely, from among that lot, I can find the perfect soundtrack for now?

Nope. For the last week or so, I keep opening the folder, flipping through the albums in it, and putting the folder back in my bag, and continuing my journey in silence. This is the curse of January. I've got those post-new year blues. I need something new. Suggest something.

No comments: